Tuesday, March 30, 2010

"the key to happiness is never forgetting where you come from" - hannah montana

so i've recently neglected my blog, as you may have noticed, but after having spring break at home and a week to get back into the swing of things, here we are again. my spring break was spent at home this year and it was amazing. there is nothing that can make me giddier than seeing old friends, its like being in my childhood again and i love it. specifically over the break i was able to go spend time with jamah edmonson who was one of my very best friends and is someone that i can still talk to about anything. theres something about being back with old friends that can make you realize who your true friends are. i've noticed that with people from the past that ive spent time with since we all went our separate ways, if you can pick up where you left off and nothings awkward, you know that you have a connection deeper than just going to high school together.

of all the people in the world i love home, i was able to see almost all of them over the break. i saw many people at church, i went out with brea and liza, i was able to see my mom, jonathan and clara, my surrogate father gary spear, and of course i saw jamahlyn! there were so many people i didn't name, but seeing those people really seemed to brighten my week. even though people change its nice to see that a person you have a deep relationship with will love you the same with the changes you've made, and you can look past their changes as well. God calls us to love unconditionally, and it is something that i take for granted. all of the people i named seem to love me unconditionally despite how rude and annoying i can be. i rarely give people the benefit of the doubt when it comes to loving them they way God calls me to. God calls us to something much more personal than what most people live, but i'm really wanting to see what a true loving like God life can be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment