Saturday, June 25, 2011

Return to Oz

The second time around in Australia is so much different than the first. Rather than meeting everyone and starting relationships with people I have been able to just pick up where i left off in the relationships that I started last year. There is something beautiful about being able to return to certain people and your relationship with them and its like youve never been separated. I don’t think i can express how much i love the kindness of the people here.During the first week I was here it was nice to be able to catch up with the people I had missed, while also being able to meet new people. My host family is amazing and spending quality time with them has been something I have really enjoyed as well.

This last week has been a little different, we had two picnics, one to hangout and catch up with people and another to meet new people in the Holland Park Church and both were wonderful. The people of Holland Park just seem to be so full of life and they have so much love for God and for us that it’s an extreme blessing to be able to worship with them. Seeing how much some of the younger kids have changed has been crazy. It’s amazing how much pre-teens can grow in a year. It’s also strange to see people that were pregnant last year that arent now and seeing people who are pregnant now that werent last year. I forget how much time has passed since the last time I’ve been here but when it comes to the relationships it really just feels like it’s been a week.

Our team is really great this year as well. So far we have all seemed to get along well and we have a huge amount of fun together. It’s a blessing to have so many people that are able to get along. The ACU students, Seth, Maggie, and Asa have all been a great addition to our team. They’ll be doing both of the camps that we are doing, one next week and one in two weekends. There are so many diverse personalities and qualities that everyone has that I think we will really work well together.

Although this is short and not super personal, I just wanted everyone to know how happy I am to be here and how blessed I am that God put me in Australia. He has shown me an amazing amount of grace and being here reminds me of just how lucky i am. and for fun, here is some australian lingo:


cuppa = cup of coffee or cup of tea

tea = dinner

brush up = sweep

jacket potato = baked potato

goodonya = that a boy

thongs = flip flops

lollies = any kind of candy

cordial = kinda like kool aid

lemonade = a carbonated drink, like sprite

No comments:

Post a Comment